Learning Support Program
In order to support the many unique gifts and learning styles of our students, The Fulton School offers a comprehensive Learning Support Program for students who need more one-on-one structure than classroom teachers can provide. With our Learning Support Program, we better serve the whole family, embracing the unique needs and gifts of each child.
LEVELS OF SUPPORT
5-Day Support Program
This intensive, 5-day support program includes daily tutoring, organization and study skills coaching, and extensive teacher support. Specialty tutors can be brought in if needed. This program is well-suited for those students needing daily one-on-one attention due to learning disabilities, dyslexia, and/or ADHD. Program fee: $9,900
3-Day Support Program
This comprehensive support program includes includes tutoring three times per week, organization and study skills coaching, and extensive teacher support. This program is well-suited for those students who need general support rather than a specific skill focus. It is also suitable for students who are falling behind due to learning disabilities, dyslexia, and/or ADHD. Program fee: $6,500
General Support & Homework Hour
All students in The Fulton School community will benefit from our Learning Support Program. We will offer an open homework hour (2nd grade and up), quiet resource room, teacher support, and testing support to the entire student body at no cost.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We have listed some of our most frequently asked questions about the program:
- Will the program have a limited number of students? Yes. While the numbers could have varying configurations, there is only so much space and time. Sign up early to be sure there is a spot for your student -- we do fill up.
- Will my child be pulled out of class? We will devise a custom schedule for your child based on his/her needs, age, and tutors. All students can go to the Learning Center if they need a quiet place to work or take a test.
- Does my child have to have a diagnosis to be a part of the program? No. Students may use the program for remedial support, organizational support, or to assist a transition from another institution. We may require some students to take advantage of the program as a condition of admission or re-enrollment, or parents might request the program to optimize their child's growth.
- Will the tutors help with coursework? Yes. Teachers and tutors will collaborate closely about course content and expectations as well as the student's skills and habits, and provide supplemental work as necessary.
- How long will my child need the support program? Our goal is to teach your child sufficient habits and skills that they grow out of the program and become self-supportive. This is different for every child.
- Is financial assistance available to participate in this program? At this time, we are unable to offer financial assistance for the program fees, but we can for the annual tuition outside of the program fees.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you have questions about our new Learning Support Program, we encourage you to email [email protected].